eNidhi India Board of Directors met secretly at an undisclosed location (probably in an abandoned LTTE Bunker) recently and discussed the option of acquiring two lesser known blogs under eNidhi India banner- the Ad critics blog and Shrinidhi’s photo blog and merging them into the main blog: eNidhi: A professional amateur.
Rationale behind this thought and some key considerations are listed below, though a final decision will be taken during annual general body meeting of eNidhi India, after taking all stakeholders into confidence.
Merge the ad critics and the photo blog (both received lukewarm response and negligible page views) with the main blog and discontinue posting new entries in the acquired blogs. Make all new posts related to photography or ad reviews in the parent blog itself in order to consolidate reader base.
Rationale behind this move (consolidated from a Hi-Fi pptx that Chief Operations Officer of eNidhi India presented to its board of directors)
- The photo blog and Ad critics blog aren’t getting expected response from readers and efforts invested in them is yielding negative returns
- Quantity of new contents at these blogs were very minimal compared to parent blog and with such a low rate of new posts, comments and reader-base, it is not operationally viable to run these blogs
- The interest from fellow contributors at the ad critics blog appears to be non-existent, which is suspected to be primarily because of poor readership
- These blogs are causing dilution of visitors who land at profile page
- Dilution of page rank and visitor count can be avoid by directing all visitors to one blog
- During this time of recession eNidhi India needs to consolidate its reader base and contents effectively under one blog itself, instead of running several ‘not so successful’ blogs.
- Existing contents on these blogs will not be disturbed, as republishing them on the main blog can irritate readers who’ve already read them.
Stakeholder opinion and investor reaction is being keenly awaited for this move.