Sangam Hotel is one of the popular hotels in Madurai. Costing about Rs 3700+ per day onwards (Add 25% To Whatever amount you see in the ad). I spent a night here. It was slightly above my budget, but I booked it thinking I will be spending most of the time indoor, given the temperature outside, thus a more comfortable hotel is a priority than budget hotel. This post is a brief review of my stay experience and observations.
Good things about Hotel Sangam, Madurai
Not so great things about Hotel Sangam, Madurai
Check Gateway Hotel Pesumalai * South Indian budget hotels we tried in Nov 2015
|Sangam Hotel, Madurai- Lobby and Reception|
|I was impressed by the Four different juice options for breakfast|
- Breakfast option is great. Lots of items, including 4 juice options (most hotels offer only 2), south Indian and western food.
- Rooms are spacious, comfortable
- Check out was extended till 2 PM on request
- Hotel is located few kms away from the city centre- though this adds to travel time, locality is calm and traffic free.
- Spacious campus
- Central Air conditioning keeps room cool if even when keycard is taken out. (In cheaper hotels you need to wait for room to get cooled)
|Room View (GoPro) of Sangam Hotel, Madurai|
|Lobby of Madurai's Sangam hotel and outdoor chess unit.|
|Sangam Hotel Madurai- Pool as seen from 3rd floor|
|Sangam Hotel Madurai- restaurant|
- WiFi was not reliable. Worked for some time but didn’t work most of the time or was of poor speed. BSNL is the network.
- Breakfast that was supposed to be ready at 7 AM was ready by about 7.45- 8 AM (some simple items were available at 7 AM but most items were ready only by 8 AM
- The videocon DTH remote was not very intutive. I had difficulty identifying the guide and navigating to a news channel. (May be because I am used to Tata Sky only, but a quick guide leaflet might help as remote doesn't have any text near the buttons)
- On weekends expect the pool to be crowded. Hotel management seem to be selling pool access to locals in the name of summer camp. Expect a group of kids and their parents in the pool
- Couldn't see any Tamil newspapers (Didn't matter to me, but those looking for local language papers may have to make specific request)
|Sangam Hotel Madurai- Main entrance|