Few quick observations/notes from my recent Bengaluru visit:
- Missing trees on Sheshadri road: Dozens of beautiful trees that formed a nice canopy on Sheshadri road are now completely gone. Drive from Anandrao Circle to KR Circle will never be the same. Not sure who achieved what by uprooting those century old trees.
- Underpass in-front of Basavanagudi police station: Another unnecessary venture which would consume a few parks and several trees.
- Good to find that tender coconut still costs Rs 12 in Bengaluru. In Chennai prices have soared to Rs 18-Rs 20
- Lots of new blue BMTC buses were flaunting Jn NURM on them and I’d no clue what that meant. Ravi told me that JN stands for Jawaharlal Nehru and NURM is a world bank aided initiative.
- 4 years ago ISRO layout was a developing place almost considered outside city, now it is a fully developed locality with nice roads.
- Kadirenahalli cross underpass appears to be left incomplete since several years now.
- Good to know about Bengaluru-Mangaluru day train. Need to check it out someday.
- Another soon to be implemented major change will be closing down KSRTC bus terminus in Majestic.
I’ve enabled comment moderation for posts older than 30 days. This was necessary due to increasing number of spam comments. Regrets for the inconvenience.One often repeated anonymous comment reads: “I found this site using [url=http://google.com/]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you! Sorry for offtopic” Not sure whose purpose this comment aims to serve.
Vizag: Will I be 3rd time lucky?
Vishakapattanam or Vizag is on my hit-list since several years, but a visit hasn’t materialized yet. On two earlier occasions I had to cancel the booked train tickets, due to various reasons. Have booked one more time now, lots of dependencies still. let me see if I get third time lucky.
Next post is likely to be a review of Chetan Bhagat's 2 States